Read Write Inc. Programme
We teach Read Write Inc. (RWI) to children in Nursery-Y2. We also teach this to children who are new to English, or any child across the school that is developing their English Language and Reading Skills. RWI is a phonics programme that teaches children to read accurately and fluently with good comprehension.
We would like the children, over the time while they are at home, to keep practicing their phonics and learning their sounds and reading words.
Please also follow the link below to find a wealth of information about the programme and how you can help your child at home https://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/
If you have any questions regarding phonics please don’t hesitate to email at the following address: email@example.com
Read Write Inc. Spelling
Spellings are taught using the Read. Write. Inc spelling scheme. The programme is effective in teaching spelling because we:
- Teach bite-sized lessons that build knowledge cumulatively
- Make spelling fun - aliens introduce spelling rules on an exciting online spelling planet
- Give children a range of interesting activities that enhance their understanding
- Provide practice tests to record children’s progress
- Easily and quickly fill the gaps in children’s spelling knowledge.
For ideas on how to support children with spelling, follow the link below.
In key stage 2, any children who need additional support with phonics we use Fresh Start.
- Gets all children reading and writing fluently in 33 weeks
- Engages children with age-appropriate anthologies
- Ensures all children can read confidently before secondary school
- Embeds all learning through partner practice
- Assesses children every eight weeks to ensure that they have the best provision to make speedy progress.
See the link below, for further information
The Oxford Owl website has a range of videos and clips to show you how to pronounce the sounds and further support your child with reading at home. Alongside this, they can access the free ebook library with a collection of books for 3-11 year olds. These books link to our Read Write Inc. bands. See the table below for further information on this.